You need to be your best advocate with chronic pain. As many of you may have heard after seeing numerous healthcare professionals and practitioners over the years, “there is nothing more we can do for you.”
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Resources exist for most diseases. This lets you know that you are not alone in your world of chronic pain. You just need to know where to turn for more help on your specific disease.
PubMed – US Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health – Here’s an article to get you started. How does distraction work in the management of Pain?
Organizations, Foundations, and Associations
Sites Sharing Pain Information
Please let me know organizations you would like added to this list as it continues to grow!
- Arthritis Foundation – includes all forms of arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis Action Coalition
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network
BONE AND JOINT
CHRONIC PAIN MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION SITES
- American Chronic Pain Association
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- NOI Group – Evidence-based multimedia resources for the treatment of chronic pain
- National Institutes of Health
- Persistent Pain Toolkit – Providence Health and Services
- PubMed – US Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- US Pain Foundation
- Lorimer Mosley videos. “Why Things Hurt” is a great place to start.
PELVIC FLOOR DISORDERS
Search the Internet for your disease/syndrome and you will find an organization to support you.
This list will continue to grow so return here often. Please send me the credible resources that you would like to have added to email@example.com or use my Contact page.
I am a Master Hypnotherapist, Certified Nutritional Consultant, and Reiki Master teacher for over 20 years. I share information on how to reduce chronic persistent pain. Even though your diagnosis may be different than mine, I understand what you are going through
I impart transformative powerful tools that can help change your thoughts about chronic pain. You CAN manage how you feel.
You refuse to let pain be in charge of your life!!!