If this is your season of celebration, please take a moment for your own self-care.
What can you do during this potentially busy season?
- Drink a decaffeinated cup of tea
- Stare into space for 5-10 minutes
- Take a bath with the door shut
- Listen to calming music
- Eat a tangerine slowly
- Watch a movie that soothes and entertains you (if you have time)
- Shut off all technology for 5-10 minutes (longer if possible)
- Get your feet rubbed in silence
- Drop your shoulders down where they belong
- Do body stretches
- Take deep breaths in and out
- Read a few pages of your favorite book
- Eat some nourishing food
- Look at the world with half-closed eyes
- Lie down on your bed and close your eyes for 5-10 minutes (do not sleep)
- Slowly rub lotion on your hands and arms
- Rub peppermint lotion on your feet
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for
Self-care does not mean a spa day or something that takes hours. Create your own list of short nourishing things you can do no matter how busy life gets.
Be gentle on yourself during busy seasons.
Hugs and peace!
Sinclair, Master Hypnotherapist, Certified Nutritional Consultant, & Karuna® Reiki Master Teacher works diligently to teach others how to work through the 7 Stages of Chronic Pain and Learn How to Thrive™. She lives with Trigeminal & Occipital Neuralgia, Rheumatoid & Osteoarthritis, & Fibromyalgia and continues to learn tools to turn her attention away from the persistent pain of her body.