If this is your season of celebration, please take a moment for your own self-care.
What can you do during this potentially busy season?
- Drink a decaffeinated cup of tea
- Stare into space for 5-10 minutes
- Take a bath with the door shut
- Listen to calming music
- Eat a tangerine slowly
- Watch a movie that soothes and entertains you (if you have time)
- Shut off all technology for 5-10 minutes (longer if possible)
- Get your feet rubbed in silence
- Drop your shoulders down where they belong
- Do body stretches
- Take deep breaths in and out
- Read a few pages of your favorite book
- Eat some nourishing food
- Look at the world with half-closed eyes
- Lie down on your bed and close your eyes for 5-10 minutes (do not sleep)
- Slowly rub lotion on your hands and arms
- Rub peppermint lotion on your feet
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for
Self-care does not mean a spa day or something that takes hours. Create your own list of short nourishing things you can do no matter how busy life gets.
Be gentle on yourself during busy seasons.
Hugs and peace!
I am Gail Sinclair a Master Hypnotherapist, Reiki Master Teacher, and Certified Nutritional Consultant who shares information on how to reduce your chronic persistent pain. I live with this discomfort and even though our pain may feel different I know what you are going through.
I mix words and magic as I write about chronic pain. I stir the souls of those who hurt and I share transformative tools to help manage your pain.
I want to share information and tools with women living with chronic pain.
Let’s refuse to let pain be in charge of our lives.